Hi Guys- we’re doing something a little different this month for our blog! Our team has decided to host a pumpkin carving contest for folks of all ages and gourd carving abilities! We think this will be a very fun event and will have categories for scariest pumpkin, most creative pumpkin, overall best (which gathers the most social media likes) and kids creation! Winners will be picked in each category on Halloween and announced on Facebook in the afternoon! So, get your carving knives and candles out and get ready to hack away! Don’t throw away those pumpkin seeds- we’ve included a recipe for how to roast them for snacking- it’s so simple, it’s scary! Below are the contest rules – remember to have fun and be creative! We look forward to seeing your creations!
You may carve or paint the pumpkin
Up to two photos per entry may be submitted
Email your entry to email@example.com
Submit as many decorated/carved pumpkins as you’d like!
The submission must be original, meaning you or your child carved or painted the pumpkin!
Invite your family and friends to join and submit their creations as well! Have them identify who they are when they are submitting an entry by email.
Please share your entry on Facebook/ Instagram and any other social media platforms you use. Use hashtags #crawfordteampumpkins & #crawfordteamcontest
The deadline to submit your entries is Wednesday, October 24th. This is so we can post to our team social media accounts for voting.
How to roast pumpkin seeds: Easy Recipe
1. Immediately after removing the seeds- WASH THEM!
2. Boil some water & salt it- throw the seeds in the boiling water for 10 MINUTES!
3. Drain and dry the seeds!
4. Spread the seeds out on a baking sheet and coat evenly with a tablespoon of oil or cooking spray! Arrange the coated seeds in a single layer so there is no overlapping!
5. Sprinkle with salt and BAKE at 325 degrees for roughly 25 minutes. Check on the seeds a couple of times in this process to ensure even baking.
6. Let them COOL- then enjoy the fruits of your labor! HAPPY FALL!
If you’re feeling really crazy- toss some of your favorite seasoning onto the seeds during step 5. Maybe some curry powder, Old Bay seasoning or even some cinnamon and sugar for a sweet treat!
For ADA assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you experience difficulty in accessing any part of this website, email us, and we will work with you to provide the information you seek through an alternate communication method. Melrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports the Fair Housing Act.